Nowadays, AR functionalities are becoming more and more important and useful in our daily tasks, e.g.:
- to help firefighters plan and organize their resources in a crisis;
- to provide remote assistance in a machine repair.
With that in mind, our project proposal was focused on the challenges of:
- Virtual object manipulation
- Collaboration in augmented reality environments
- Different interaction techniques and devices
In order to show and test all the available features, we created an augmented reality game, where multiple users can help each other to build cars and racetracks and then use them to race, having 3 main functionalities:
- Car assembly - The user will be able to assemble a car, using Lego-like pieces, in a layer-by-layer process
- Racetrack construction - Multiple users can collaborate in building a closed-circuit racetrack, piece by piece, using the provided road piece models.)
- Race - Multiple users can use their cars to compete in a race in their constructed racetracks.
Interact with virtual objects integrated in your reality
Interact with other users in the same environment
Available in Android devices and HTC Vive Pro
Besides your device of choice, all you need is a paper marker and a shared network to enjoy our project
We are group of students from DETI (Departamento de Eletrónica, Telecomunicações e Informática) of University of Aveiro.